Thursday, February 12, 2015

Beanitos

I'm always looking for healthy snacking options because I love eating but don't love weight gain.  I got a bag of Beanitos nacho cheese in an Influenster Refresh Voxbox, & decided to give them a try today.

The good: they're high in fiber, and made of beans.  This means they're healthier for you than the usual chip option.  There's also a slew of other things on the bag (corn-free, all natural, no trans fats, no preservatives, gluten0free, no MSG, certified kosher, vegetarian, certified low glycemic, high fiber, lightly salted, cholesterol free).  The flavor is also decent.

The bad: The texture is a little odd.  They are softer (less crunchy) than regular chips.  This also means they fall apart pretty easily.  They're also a little more bland.

The verdict?  I think I'd try them again--maybe a different flavor?  I didn't love them, but they are a healthier option and fiber is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment