Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Beginning

Once upon a time I lived in a wonderful place called California.  Los Angeles, specifically, and if you don't like that place then I swear to you that you just haven't found the right neighborhood yet.  I lived a happy life with a wonderful roommate, and while I didn't have a dog, I did have a dwarf hamster named Professor Xavier.  I had a job I loved and adventures befitting a girl of her mid-20s in a young city.  All of these things drastically changed, and I still vacillate back and forth between whether it was a good thing or not.  I think overall it was good.  Well, my boyfriend (I'll tell you our romantic story later) got into the University of Chicago's prestigious Booth Business School, proposed to me, and many miles later (I don't know how many because I fell asleep most of the drive) I ended up here, in Chicago.  It's cold here and very different, and while it has already been some five months, I think it's a good idea to chronicle our time here in some way.
Plus, here is a wonderful venue to post pictures of our dog, Arwen!  I'm not sure how long this blogging thing will last or if such a public venue will suit me, but sometimes public journals are engaging enough to succeed, right?  Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment